The Alumni Council exists to enhance the engagement of the college's alumni for their
enjoyment through programs and services which build relationships and to support the
institution's efforts in student recruitment, career placement, and friend/fund-raising.
The major objectives of the Alumni Council are to:
- Promote and increase fellowship of students and alumni of Alfred State.
- Serve as a liaison among Alfred State, its alumni, and students in order to foster
and maintain close and mutually beneficial ties.
- Maintain and promote loyalty of the alumni of Alfred State.
- Assist and promote the interest of Alfred State, its students, and alumni.
- Develop programs that support the goals and objectives of the campus, including campus
fundraising, in conjunction with the Office of Institutional Advancement.
The Alumni Council provides a variety of programs and services to both alumni and
students. Some of these include:
- Bi-annual alumni newsletter -Transitions
- Alumni records update service
- Annual alumni reunion – Homecoming
- Assistance with program-specific events
- Regional alumni events
- Scholarship program
- Career development assistance - posting job openings, seeking position, etc.
The Office of Alumni Relations is located on the Alfred campus in the Huntington Building.
For additional information related to the above programs, please stop in, call 607-587-3931,
or forward an email message to email@example.com.