skip navigation 1-800-4-ALFRED (425-3733)

Advanced Standing

Previous Credit

A student who has taken college-level courses after high school is considered a transfer student (See Transfer Students section).

Students who are taking college courses while in high school must submit official transcript(s) in order to receive transfer credit.

Course Challenges

Any student wishing to challenge a course is responsible for furnishing material, approved by faculty administering the exam, to be used in the challenge examination. The challenge exam fee includes a $15 recording fee and $10 per contact hour compensation fee. A student must be matriculated and cannot challenge a course he/she is currently registered for after the registration deadline.